Office Equipment Tips
Business Office Equipment Tips
- Do not leave equipment in sleep mode overnight because it will continue to draw a small amount of power. Turn off all equipment every night — especially monitors and printers. Monitors usually consume twice the electricity as CPUs.
- Install free software from the Environmental Protection Agency that puts monitors in sleep mode when not in use. This can save $0.085/kWh of power used by networks.
- To turn off computer scanners, printers and other devices that are plugged into a power strip, simply switch off the power strip after shutting down your computer.
- Choose electronic products and appliances without a built-in clock or timer. The displays only consume about a half watt, but the power supply in the appliance is converting 120 volts of alternating current to low-voltage direct current for the clock or timer. This is very inefficient and consumes 20 to 100 watts/hour per day. This is enough to run a compact fluorescent lamp (CFL) continuously for 10 hours.
- Save energy and space with an ENERGY STAR qualified multi-function device that combines several capabilities (print, fax, copy, scan). Make sure power management features are enabled for additional savings.
- Use laptop computers. Laptops use up to 90% less energy than a desktop computer.
I needed a part for my gas-fired fireplace which was several years old & he was able to find it & repair it. This was very important to me because my house is very old with no insulation & gas unit helps tremendously keeping my electric bills lower. I would definitely call him for any plumbing problems that I have in the future.
Professional and on time. Upfront on options and cost. No charge for original visit to assess problem. Using again to purchase and install wireless thermostat for heating
My home is a circa 1925 Bungalow of 1250 sq. ft., a definite challenge for a project such as new central air. There were several facets to this project involving many individual craftsmen. From beginning to end all were courteous, informative and conducted themselves very professionally. Today, the day after project completion, the outside temperature is 98 degrees, the thermostat is set at 74 and my every corner of my home is a cool, comfortable 74 degrees. I am amazed at the end result of their accomplishment and would definitely recommend Connecticut Cooling & Heating, Bloomfield, Ct. without hesitation for any consumers needs.
244 Woodland Ave
Bloomfield, CT 06002
Monday - Friday
7:00 AM - 04:30 PM