Ideas For Saving On Office Equipment
- Do not leave equipment in sleep mode overnight because it will continue to draw a small amount of power. Turn off all equipment every night — especially monitors and printers. Monitors usually consume twice the electricity as CPUs.
- Install free software from the Environmental Protection Agency that puts monitors in sleep mode when not in use. This can save $0.085/kWh of power used by networks.
- To turn off computer scanners, printers and other devices that are plugged into a power strip, simply switch off the power strip after shutting down your computer.
- Choose electronic products and appliances without a built-in clock or timer. The displays only consume about a half watt, but the power supply in the appliance is converting 120 volts of alternating current to low-voltage direct current for the clock or timer. This is very inefficient and consumes 20 to 100 watts/hour per day. This is enough to run a compact fluorescent lamp (CFL) continuously for 10 hours.
- Save energy and space with an ENERGY STAR qualified multi-function device that combines several capabilities (print, fax, copy, scan). Make sure power management features are enabled for additional savings.
- Use laptop computers. Laptops use up to 90% less energy than a desktop computer.
Specializing In Design and Installation of Mitsubishi Electric Ductless Systems
A BETTER WAY TO HEAT AND COOL.
Any home. Any building. Anywhere.
We are always available!
Equipment problems and emergencies can happen at any time, so we are available for your service calls 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
Huge Rebates in Connecticut
Heat Pumps and Hybrid Systems with your existing fuel system.
Connecticut Cooling and Heating, Inc. is a participating contractor in the Energize CT Heat Pump Installer Network.